|Introducing Peter's Data Entry Suite v5!
Peter’s Data Entry Suite v5 has numerous enhancements including:
- The new Peter's Business Driven Logic UI ("BLD") module. It transforms how you build ASP.NET Web Form applications by letting you create your business rules (like validation) in the Business Logic Layer of your application.
Click here for details.
- AJAX setup simplified when using ASP.NET 4 along with Microsoft’s ScriptManager and UpdatePanel controls.
- New control: DropDownMenu – A button with built-in ContextMenu, providing an easy way to launch a context menu at a specific location on the page.
- New control: HtmlList – Similar to the System.Web.UI.WebControls.BulletedList. In fact, it originated because the BulletedList could not handle a few cases. It draws a list of items that postback on click and preserves the selected item. The selected item is drawn with a different style sheet and without the ability to postback on click. Thus it works like a RadioButtonList with a postback upon selection. Use style sheets to drive appearance, such as making the selectable items look like hyperlinks.
- Refreshed look for the Date and Time controls. To see it, look here: http://www.peterblum.com/des/dateandtime.aspx.
- CalculationController offers new CalcItem classes: TotalingCalcItem and CheckStateCalcItem. Use TotalingCalcItem to create a total of a column within a ListView, GridView, DataGrid, or Repeater. Use CheckStateCalcItem to add one of two constant values based on the state of a checkbox or radiobutton.
Click on this PDF to get all of the details:
- Source code for DES is now free, after a licensing process. BLD’s source code is actually included without additional licensing. Contact Peter to get a license.
- New forums site – Tech support is now available through http://www.peterblum.com/forums.aspx.
- New online learning site – Many interactive and educational pages are available at http://learningdes.peterblum.com.